Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-18

OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Empty
PostSubject: Makeup In the Antelope Valley   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Just a reminder that Rythumz Dancewear will be receiving their first shipment of stage makeup by February 1st! In order to ensure the best selection, I suggest we arrange for any interested parties to get together for a "field trip" to see the selection and (ahem) use me to your advantage to ask questions and get help regarding choices as soon as possible. I have a feeling this stuff's gonna go fast!
Let me know if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Kara wrote:
(ahem) use me to your advantage

Thanks for putting that in writing. Wink

I'm definitely interested. Post here when the shipment is in. I for one have no clue what I am doing as far as makeup is concerned, so your advice would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:41 am

Kara

Was going to speak to you on Wednesday; but, thought that this might be a good place to, as well. If you will get with me on the info for Dance Rhythm (sp?), then we'll set something up, asap. (Field trip Smile The first weekend might be too soon for her if she's supposed to be up/running 2/1; but, then again, maybe not. You can call me or I'll check the board for dates that would be best for her. See ya soon.

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:22 pm

Get ready for a field trip, everyone!

Pam Dease, owner of Rythumz Dancewear in Palmdale, is having an Open House to introduce her new stock of Ben Nye professional stage makeup!

Details are as follows:

Who: Rythumz Dancewear
What: Open House
When : Saturday, February 2
What Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Where: Rythumz Dancewear, 30th St. West & Rancho Vista Blvd in the Vons Shopping Center
Why: Because Rythumz is now the one and only authorized dealer of Ben Nye makeup in the Antelope Valley.
What else: Refreshments will be available. There will also be Q &A and demonstrations by a professional makeup artist Very Happy

Catalogs will be available for your perusal and Pam will be able to make any special orders, too, if you'd like.
Don't miss this opportunity!
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:37 am

I'm excited!!! I'll be there!! with Bells on....do they sell bells there? bounce
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Kara wrote:
There will also be Q &A and demonstrations by a professional makeup artist Very Happy

Who's the professional makeup artist? I hope she's cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:48 am

QuantumCowboy wrote:
Kara wrote:
There will also be Q &A and demonstrations by a professional makeup artist Very Happy

Who's the professional makeup artist? I hope she's cool. Very Happy

Not only is she cool, but I hear she makes a mean pot of soup.
Can't wait to see everyone there! Smile
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Couldn't make it today. We had reservations to go the the Step into Africa exhibit at the Vineyard. If you can, go check it out. It is a real eye opener, and will change the way you look at things. Non-religious, just hard truth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Two similar threads in this forum were merged into one, FYI.

Thank you Kara for the tip about Rhythumz as well the demonstration this morning. I have gone from completely clueless to having a vague idea of what I just bought. I enjoyed the demo quite a bit, there were a lot of subtleties to the art that I knew must exist, I just didn't know what they were. I'm sure there are a million more techniques and combinations that you could teach us, and I really hope you do.

I know Tamitha and Dea keep saying that we are trying to make PCP into a repertory-type company, and I think having our actors possess both the professional makeup and the knowledge of how to use it is one of the many important steps we needed to take. Thanks!

Jay you totally missed out. Though the Africa thing sounds cool. I may check that out if it's still open.
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Kara

Thank you so very much for the information today. It was very helpful and worked out wonderfully. Would you be interested in teaching a class on a Saturday morning now that we have the tools? Maybe we could bring our supplies and do a hands on kind of thing. You tell us what to do and we do it to our own faces? Perhaps, a regular face, old face, and character of some sort? Let's get together and think this through. I'll do what I can from my end with the playhouse and go from there. Once again, thanks for your time and effort putting this great opportunity together for the players.

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Tamitha wrote:
Kara

Would you be interested in teaching a class on a Saturday morning now that we have the tools? Maybe we could bring our supplies and do a hands on kind of thing. You tell us what to do and we do it to our own faces?
Tamitha

Heck, yeah, Tamitha! I'd LOVE to do something like this for my peeps at the Playhouse! What a blast--I'm seeing it now. It's one thing to SEE a demo done, but entirely different to have the opportunity to apply to yourself. I think this is a stellar idea! I even have some supplies that I may be able to provide to Players who are unable to purchase their own kits at this time so that they don't miss out (though I ALWAYS encourage actors to own their own kits!).
Yes, let's definitely workshop this idea--I love to share my passion as much as possible!
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 am

As always...I'm in!

Kara Thanks so much for taking the time to teach us! I know you love to share your knowledge and I hope you're having as much fun as we are.

I think it is a terrific idea to start regular classes! let's get some blood and guts goin'! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP   OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OPEN HOUSE--RYTHUMZ DANCEWEAR AND MAKEUP
Page 1 of 1