Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Empty
PostSubject: City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival   City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Here's the lineup for the week:

MONDAY, APRIL 21 THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 27
Package price $39/$27 per person and includes all three main stage performances. Save $9! (Workshops separate)

Elizabethan Head Wreath And Jewelry Workshop
MONDAY, APRIL 21, 7 PM
Construct beautiful floral head wreaths and a woven Celtic cross during this very popular hands-on workshop. Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
$25 (includes supplies and instruction)

Combat Workshop
TUESDAY, APRIL 22, 5 PM OR 7 PM
The professional actors of Will & Company get you up on your feet and put a sword in your hands in this exciting workshop all about the power and precision of stage combat. We've added a second class this season, but this very popular workshop will definitely sell out, so register early!
$15

Romeo And Juliet Workshop
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 7 PM
The history of the most famous of all Shakespeare's plays is as fascinating as its legacy. Colin Cox, noted author and Shakespeare scholar, will surprise you with things you never knew about the play you thought you knew so well.
$12

The Palmdale City Players present
Joyce Meadows - Sonnets
THURSDAY, APRIL 24, 7 PM
Professional Actor Joyce Meadows and the Palmdale City Players present a thrilling and inspirational evening taken from the emotion of Shakespeare's sonnets: passion, intrigue, turmoil, betrayal, jealousy and love! Come “see” the Bard's words as Ms. Meadows holds you spellbound and captivated.
$12/$8

Deborah Brockus Dance Project
A Midsummer Night's Dream
FRIDAY, APRIL 25, 7 PM
L.A. based Brockus Project Dance Company lights up the Palmdale Playhouse stage with their energetic and emotionally charged modern dance performance of this Shakespearean classic featuring members of our own Palmdale Youth and Community Dance Company.
$14/$10

Will & Company presents
Romeo And Juliet
SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 7 PM
Perhaps Shakespeare's best-known work, this classic tale of young love and tragic passion resonates with audiences around the world in every generation. Prior to the show, the Antelope Valley College Flute Choir returns to our stage to entertain the audience with classical selections of delightful Elizabethan music.
$20/$16

Will & Company presents
Pericles, Prince Of Tyre
SUNDAY, APRIL 27, 2 PM
True love, an ancient ritual, betrayal, a riddle and a hero - it's all here in Pericles. Will & Company's adaptation promises to be lively and enjoyable! Wrap up your week-long Shakespeare Festival experience with an entertaining and informative question and answer session after the show with Will & Company's professional actors.
$14/$10

Last edited by QuantumCowboy on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival   City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 am

Just heard on the radio this morning a plug for the Shakespeare Festival. They were pushing R&J and the Sonnets (albeit they called it a sonnet reading)

Hopefully this will spark interest, because, just checking the site, there are very few tix sold for sonnets, and about a third sold for R&J.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival   City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Those of you you couldn't make it to the stage combat workshop totally missed out. Colin was a fantastic instructor... and I'm looking forward to being in a show that he is directing! I got picked up for a fight scene in Pericles, and actually landed a pretty decent speaking/fighting role in R&J as Gregory (I do bite my thumb at you sir!). What a thrill, to be able to perform in a whole scene on stage with professional equity actors!

The combat was fun, and a bit of a workout. I used to fence, but with weapons I am left-handed, and as he wanted everyone righty for the training, I got my footing confused quite often. Fortunately Colin is patient as well as demanding, and I think I've got it mostly down.

Come down to the shows this weekend to see a few City Players get run through (and don't miss Sonnets either)!
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival   City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:50 am

I just want to say well done to all who participated in either or both of this past weekends Will & Co. productions. Everyone stepped up and did a marvelous job. I especially want to say well done to my son Andrew, who made his acting stage debut Sunday in Pericles, (he's been on stage before playing the violin & viola with both the Palmdale youth & community orchestras). He "fought" Stefan (and lost), but he was supposed to, and actually had a few words to say. Nicely done to all & lets look forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival   City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of Palmdale Shakespeare Festival
Page 1 of 1