Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonnets with Joyce Meadows

Go down 
+3
Kara
James Jay
QuantumCowboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Empty
PostSubject: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Linda wanted me to post a quick reminder that there is Sonnets rehearsal this Sunday from 1-3pm. She is not able to get ahold of everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:41 pm

Sonnet rehersal this Friday night! Yea!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:33 pm

YES! FRIDAY NIGHT REHEARSAL FROM 7:30-9:30!

Competition to see who can have the most focused energy!!

Winner gets a prize (provided by yours truly)!! Tamitha, want to be the judge? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm in! cheers

And Kara, do we get to pick the prize? Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:54 pm

I'm in!!!

You guys are soooooooooooooooo in for it now!

Game on, fellow Jedi Thespians, GAME OOOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:16 am

QuantumCowboy wrote:

And Kara, do we get to pick the prize? Wink

lol!

THE PRIZE HAS BEEN CAREFULLY SELECTED AND APPROPRIATELY GIFT WRAPPED. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, QC--THAT IS, UNLESS YOU DON'T WIN IT!!

(And yes, Joyce can win it, too! Game on!!)

afro
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 am

Yep, I'll see who's jedi or clone.......

Joyce will not be with us on Friday. This rehearsal is strictly for us.

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:34 am

So......zee gaunlet haz been thrown, und haz been picked oop. En garde!
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:27 am

Tamitha wrote:
Yep, I'll see who's jedi or clone.......

Joyce will not be with us on Friday. This rehearsal is strictly for us.

Tamitha

Thanks for being the judge, Tamitha! Way to go!

Right, Joyce won't be with us, but who's to say that she can't win NEXT rehearsal, huh?

You got it...more rehearsals, more competition, MORE PRIZES! And yes, I can win too, SO WATCH OUT, JAY!!
Razz
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:27 pm

OOOOOOOO, a challenge......I love it..........Bring it on sister! Bring it!!!!
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 pm

You people are so childish!

oh....and I'm going to kick all you-all's backsides!!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 pm

Everyone was exceptional at rehersal! Congrats to Matt for winning the Shakespeare bobblehead! I'm very jealous.
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:41 am

Yes, Jay, everyone was exceptional. I'm so very proud of you all stepping up to the challenges presented with the script. I knew when reading it the first time that there was a story somewhere within those sonnets and, now it's very clear. Thanks for your hard work, dedication, and creativity. Kudos.....Can't wait to see the show. Now, for next time, we will be working toward getting a time set for the show, so work hard this week on NOT STOPPING AT ALL for the remainder of the rehearsals. Congratulations Matt on a job well done...

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Tamitha wrote:
Yes, Jay, everyone was exceptional. I'm so very proud of you all stepping up to the challenges presented with the script. I knew when reading it the first time that there was a story somewhere within those sonnets and, now it's very clear. Thanks for your hard work, dedication, and creativity. Kudos.....Can't wait to see the show. Now, for next time, we will be working toward getting a time set for the show, so work hard this week on NOT STOPPING AT ALL for the remainder of the rehearsals. Congratulations Matt on a job well done...

Tamitha

I couldn't agree more. I remember our first read throughs thinking, dear Lord can this be any more boring??!! But, like QC said, once we started moving, and ACTING it out, it made sense, and I began to enjoy it. This is my very first Shakespeare experience, outside of watching a few movies, and I think I am being converted......

Perhaps it was the tightness of the tights........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 am

Will Matt add to his collection of atrocious Shakespearian-themed crap, or will a challenger strike him from him throne??

We'll see at the next rehearsal...the stakes get higher, the prizes get kitchier, the show gets better...!

(I'm loving this, if you can't tell...thanks for indulging me, guys...I'm going to miss you all so much...sniff...)
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I feel so honored. Never before have I been given such an auspicious award as the bobblehead! I guess that makes me the defending champ! LOL! But, seriously, thank you very, very much! : ) Personally I felt that there were others who deserved it as well. To be honest, well all did. I agree with you all, this show, despite all the weirdness, is actually coming together! Kudos to everyone for doing an amazing job and props for dealing with all the wackiness that has ensued with this show from day one. Tamitha, you're an AWESOME director! Without you, we'd be lost as sheep in a wolf convention. And to everyone else who is kicking so much butt on this show! Nalin, Jay, Kelly, Kara, Dad. You guys ROCK!! To Ellen, Ian, Elena, Victoria, Christopher, you're AMAZING! To my mom, who took the stage managing job head on and is cleaning up and taking names! It'll all come together! May the Force be with us! (Just keep the anquish and de dum de dum de dums in check!) : D
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Here Here Mr. Matty!!! you rock socks!!!
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:23 pm

The prize has been carefully selected, my friends.

Remember, the ante is upped: Joyce is now in the running for the impossibly dumb piece of wrapped Shakespearian garbage we're all hotly vying for.

(insert ominous music here...)

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:51 pm

I say it should be done on a sliding scale, to allow those who have more to do a little more lee-way. Smile
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:23 pm

ragman5 wrote:
I say it should be done on a sliding scale, to allow those who have more to do a little more lee-way. Smile

Do I sense hesitation from the great William Shakespeare, said rival poet Earl of Oxford? Or are my Elizabethean slap downs going to prove too much for the great bard........

Prithy, and forsooth, sayst I. It! On shall be brought!
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 am

Oh contraire, my dearest Earl of Oxy 5, or oxblood, or whatever-ist. Twas not with mine own self in mind but with a sense of fairplay to thine self was the suggestion made-ith, or doth thou sense an air of B.S.-ist. In either (that's "ITHER" not "EETHER") case the gauntlet that thouest have thrown down hath already been "Trampled Under Foot" (that you Led Zeppelin), under the heel of my ownst boots, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:02 pm

I have to say, I feel so much better about this production now that the costumes are in and we have the blocking down... I feel like it still drags a bit in places, but I'm sure its now far more visually pleasing than before. I swear, *I* was bored performing it before, and I'm in it! I can't imagine what the audience would have thought. As it is now, I'm looking forward to showtime on Thursday. This is going to be fun!
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:10 pm

I agree QC. Things have been shakey for the last few weeks leading up to this show. But I'm also feeling more of an 'at ease' sense to the whole thing. I think, nay, I know that this show will (fulfill) come together. Again, shame that it's only one show, with all the work we've put into it. But that's the way it is and it will be good. Looking forward to it! Let's rock! May the force be with us! (and the Neener!)
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:24 pm

I agree with both of you! I think that this is going to be a decent show...thank neener for costumes though...I think they make a huge difference...especially the velour!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 am

I actually was inspired by QC's lack of pumpkinis......... cyclops

I'm glad that we have kept our sense of humor through all this as well. I was not a Shakespeare person before, but I'm beginning to really appreciate the Bard now. Thanks again to our great director for the opportunity, and to my fellow thespians for making it great! And a loud NEENER to Joyce for sharing this with us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonnets with Joyce Meadows   Sonnets with Joyce Meadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonnets with Joyce Meadows
Page 1 of 1