Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Empty
PostSubject: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Kara wrote:
especially now that my fave Spotlight show got cut.

Was that "Hiatus" that was your favorite? I'm kind of sad it got cut too (as the author!). Oh well, maybe next year they won't bill it as comedy only. I'd prefer that it was a variety show. Doesn't make sense to me, they are short on submitted pieces but then won't let us submit what we want to write! I don't buy the subject matter and language restrictions either... we're doing "The Exonerated" aren't we? PCP won't grow up as a group without pushing more grown-up content.

Spotlight auditions are in two weeks... is there anything else you guys were planning on going for?

Last edited by QuantumCowboy on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Say, what? I don't understand what happened. This is news to me...and some that I'm not happy about. Did someone cut Hiatus w/o telling the director? .................Tamitha
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah...they felt it was too dark. No Tamitha! Save Hiatus!!!
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Everything I can do, I will. I was not informed of this decision. And, I'm equally as upset. We have another show in the bunch that isn't comedic or funny; so, does it go too? What happened to growth, depth, character development stuff? UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH.
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:38 pm

I know there's some dismay about dropping Hiatus, and that bums me, because it is very good, but, playing devils' advocate, I can see why it might have been cut. Imagine if people, reading the already printed flyers, think that they are in for a night of comedy, and bring their young children. Getting hit with some heavy stuff like Hiatus et al, might cause some people to get uptight and complain. With The Exonerated, people coming to that will know EXACTLY what they are getting themselves into. Perhaps next year, the Spotlight may be billed as being a combination of Drama and Comedy, but the Playhouse is probably under an obligation to stick with what they have scheduled.

On a similar note, I had an idea the other night about a "Who's on First" theme. I have three scripts; the original Abbott and Costello routine, a computer store variation, and a movie rental variation. These all were out on the public domain, with no copyrights attached (at least none I could find). Anyone want to do them with me?

I'm still planning on cutting my kid in half, and some other stuff, like hopefully walking through a door of barbed wire....I'm still builing the Razorwire effect, but the Seperated Lady is ready to go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Jay,

I'm totally in.

Still working on a list of improv stuff too. :-)
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:43 pm

I know you're right Jay, but it's still disappointing. Sad Oh well, almost though the "growing pains" year for PCP... I'll look forward to a variety show next year maybe.

I'm totally in for improv or other comedic routines. Just say the word.
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Hey guys! I'm here!!!! Ta-dah! Anyway, so they cut your QC script huh Nalin? Bummer. So, what all are we doing for spotlight?
"Party on Wayne!"
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:04 pm

What a great set of pieces we have! I was really impressed with what Lou wrote and showed us last night, as well as the pieces we already had lined up. And the "Who's on First" + parodies series that Jay found is going to be a riot I think. This is going to be fun!!! I can't wait to audition on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:44 pm

QC

Glad to see your enthusiasm. I'm excited that your excited. And, Lou really did come up with some great stuff. (I really liked the stealth plane one.....)

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Here here!! Exclamation

I got really excited about Spotlight last night! The audition process should be interesting...I'm really curious about the character/gender breakdown. We have such an over abundance of men (so unusual) but it seems like there are quite a few male roles. I can hardly wait to see how it all pans out.

Tamitha,

How will the rehearsal process go? with all these shows rehearsing on Wed nights....what's the plan Stan?
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 pm

I agree. We have a lot of good stuff to pull from now. Those "Who's on First" bits Jay found are wicked sweet! (yeah, I said wicked sweet! I went there!) I love that scetch! I loved all of Lou's stuff too! It'd be a shame if the more dramatic, serious scripts do get cut, but, like the ad says, join us for a night of comedy, so let's give them a show that'll have them rolling!!!
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Sonnet rehearsals are being moved to weekends during March and April. We'll work spotlight during our Wednesday night times. Tamitha
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:30 pm

I guess I'm just curious how we'll be splitting up the time with all the shows and one (admittedly fantastic) director. You're amazing T but there's only so much of you to go around. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Kelly
We work them in rotation. Just like last year. It actually goes pretty well. You'll get the hang of it. One show will work while others will be learning lines, going over blocking, etc. It's kind of fun, too. But, if you're involved with several, it can be a lot of work, too. Fun, work, though.
Tamitha
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:01 am

Sounds like a blast!! sunny

Lots of motion and work! I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:55 am

I'm very excited about this. I love doing comedy, and I had such fun watching the readings, as well as doing Who's on First with the QC. That sketch has a very special place in my heart, you have no idea. Comedy, drama, Improv, magic; this is gonna be GREAT!!

I am really looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater   Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scripts for PCP Spotlight Theater
Page 1 of 1