Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!

Go down 
+5
melster
QuantumCowboy
keltroncybo
Kara
James Jay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:43 pm

I thought it would be a good idea, since we have a lot of new people here, and growing all the time, to have a place to kind of introduce yourself (if you like) and give yourself a shout out.

I'm James Jay, professional amateur magician, recently turned stage actor, hoping to do many more things on stage.

Sarcasm is my second language.

I have opinions about everything, even that which I know nothing about, and they are all right. Even when I'm wrong.

I have the amazing ability to be able to answer any question ever posed, but I cannot guarantee it's accuracy.

I will talk your ear off if you let me, and most times, even if you don't let me.

NEXT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:15 pm

I'll bite.

I'm Kara. Though with everyone using some sort of an alias I sorta feel like I should be using one, too. Maybe I just lack the creativity to come up with a good one, though.
I'm a professional makeup artist and amateur thespian with a local community theatre--mostly, though, I'm practically a full-time (or mostly-full-time) at-home mom and wife, which I love. My passion is learning and teaching, and the two--if done well--are inseparable where theatre is concerned. I've been studying theatre (specifically acting and makeup, but all aspects, too) for roughly 17 years now and I'm always blown away by how little I know about it. I love to share what little I DO know, though, and I love to learn from others.
I'm currently playing the role of Shakepeare's Dark Lady of the Sonnets in The Sonnets at Palmdale Playhouse and really enjoying the process and looking forward to the performance. I LOVE the cast I'm working with, and our director. What a fantastic and hard working bunch.
Well, I could go on and on, but I won't...so...
next...
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 am

ooh ooh...me!!!

My name is Kelly and I'm a professional....uh....well... scratch I guess I'm not really a professional. I have a degree in theatre from Eastern Washington University and I pretty much fill my time with whatever will make me enough money to survive. I'm currently researching schools for graduate studies in Psychology or primatology and I shove community theatre into any nook or cranny available.

I've been in a few dozen shows...mostly musicals and I always love being in a new production and experiencing shows I don't know. I'm a terrible audience member so I try to be in as many shows as possible.

I'm currently participating in Will Will Fulfill and am looking forward to some of our upcoming projects. elephant
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 am

So much for my alias, as everyone keeps mentioning my name... Rolling Eyes

I was born near Seattle and grew up in Boise, though Washington state has always been a second home with all the family and friends there. I got my degree in aerospace engineering from Arizona State (go Devils) in '06, and moved to the AV soon after for a job. I work as a research engineer for an entity that I shouldn't associate with my personal online opinions, so you'll just have to guess. I'm also currently chipping away at my masters via USC, and enjoy hiking, biking, and photography. It's a busy life!

I rediscovered theater last fall after a long hiatus due to college. I did junior high, high school, and community theater before college, and then a year and a half with a weekly improv comedy group at ASU before dropping theater all together due to time constraints. My first show in the area was as a gay vampire for the Palmdale City Players' production of "A Scary-oke Halloween", and haven't been able to live it down since. I'm having a lot of fun though, and I'm looking forward to the three productions I have left in this spring season.

I started this discussion board as a way for my friends and I to communicate and share ideas and knowledge regarding theater. I'm glad to see several new faces and encourage everyone to help this community and ourselves learn and grow as actors and devotees of the arts. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
melster
Initiate
Initiate
melster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:28 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Melissa (my alias is Melster, thanks to my younger bro for coming up with that name!) I am a Cinema and TV major, Media Management Option, at Cal State Northridge. I am in my last semester, so in May I will have my Bachelors! I have never been a part of a theater production. I work with my brother and a few other friends making short indie flicks. I really enjoy it, and have had my fair share of being in front of and behind the camera.

As for hobbies: I teach yoga (3 days a week). I love the outdoors - hiking, camping, biking, dirtbiking. I love history, documentaries and books. And most importantly, I am obsessed with the 1980s and anything that is orange. Wink

Back to top Go down
CindyYagi
Neophyte
Neophyte
CindyYagi

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi,
My name is Cynthia Randall (soon to be Yagi again) I have been involved in Community Theatre for over 10 years here in the Antelope Valley and have been out on a couple of tours as an electrician and merchandiser. My first love is to perform but I am also a techie so I am not your normal actor. I have been Designing Sets, Stage Managing, Designing Lighting, Choreographing, and Directing for about 8 years. I was going to go to school for technical theatre but realized that that doesn’t really matter to the Tech theatre world and got some real life education and just got involved!! I worked Tech at LPAC for a little while and discovered I hate being a roadhouse “peon” so I went back to doing things in Community theatre. I was the Vice President of PRT for a while. Right now I am working on Pirates of Penzance (Stage Managing) and Janell’s Senior Project (Stage Manager, Choreographer and Performer). I am auditioning for Chicago this weekend. Ummm…I guess that s it. If you have any questions message me!
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:08 pm

Joe Gruca here.

I've been involved with the Palmdale Playhouse for about 1 1/2 yrs. now. Started out with a couple of puppets on my hands (Scrooge, The Musical) to having a dozen kids, (and cheaper, too!), to being a blue monster, (Scaryoke). Currently, I'm trying to divide my time between being William Shakespeare and an person convicted of slashing his parents throats, (Sonnets, Exonerated). I enjoy the playhouse, you can meet alot of nice people there.

I've worked "in the biz" for almost 30 years now, in the costume end of it. Starting at Western Costume Company back from 4/79 - 6/84, to a couple of other studio costume depts., with a stop in 1989 working set for my one and only time on a film called "Black Rain" Anyway, it's been a career I basically fell into. I mean, when you're a kid and you're asked what you want to be when you grow up, who says they want to be a costumer? Some maybe, but I don't think very many.

Joe

Last edited by ragman5 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 am

Hello to all...

My name is Tamitha Zook and I am a theatre addict. Seriously, I got into theatre later in life (21). I first played a servant and the haberdasher, many moons ago, in a little production called The Taming of The Shrew. That one show sparked a lifestyle change. (It came full circle for me when I directed an award winning production of this show in 2003.) cheers I started my bachelor's degree in theatre at Oklahoma State and finished it at Centenary College in Shreveport, LA. And, have started on a master's program that I am eager to complete. I have been involved in theatre for 20 (cough, cough) something years. I have worked with a Shakespeare Rep. group, the Gilbert and Sullivan Society of Shreveport, taught theatre and drama forever, and been a member of the Educational Theatre Association for nearly 7 years where I have taught seminars, directed shows, and judged high school and collegiate level (Irene Ryan) scholarships, and the Acts of Love christian drama touring group, and many others. I have a well-rounded respect for all theatrical styles; but, I do enjoy the experimental theatre most; however, may have to hold that back for a while. lol I enjoy directing and acting, equally. (If that is possible.) And, do not feel as if I have had the opportunity to show my "chops" on either in the AV. But, it will come someday, I'm sure. Smile Currently, I'm directing the PCPs. If you haven't come to see them, please do. They are a great group of people growing in their talents. And, I look forward to many more shows with them.

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
Cam
Wannabe
Wannabe

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:30 am

Hiya! Took me long enough to look up this site, but I'm finally here... LOL

Hmm... about me... I'm currently an unemployed (ahem) stay-at-home mom (I think that's a contradiction in terms... LOL).

I started acting when I was 5, and haven't really stopped since. It's the best way out of being a shy wallflower that I can find. Wink I'm also a techie... there's nothing better than coming home from work covered in paint! Now if only I could find a way to make a living as an actor WITHOUT having to audition... affraid

Anyway, I think that's me in a nutshell... Maybe...
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Cam wrote:
Hiya! Took me long enough to look up this site, but I'm finally here... LOL

Hmm... about me... I'm currently an unemployed (ahem) stay-at-home mom (I think that's a contradiction in terms... LOL).

I started acting when I was 5, and haven't really stopped since. It's the best way out of being a shy wallflower that I can find. Wink I'm also a techie... there's nothing better than coming home from work covered in paint! Now if only I could find a way to make a living as an actor WITHOUT having to audition... affraid

Anyway, I think that's me in a nutshell... Maybe...

Cam! It's so good to have you on the boards. Not enough techies hanging around here! Thanks for looking us up.
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!   Wow!  We're Growing!  Stop in and say Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow! We're Growing! Stop in and say Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antelope Valley Thespians :: Social :: Social Lounge-
Jump to: