Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downtown LA Walks podcast tours

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Empty
PostSubject: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:25 am

Keltron and I had a great day down in LA this past weekend. The highlight of the day was a historical tour of downtown Los Angeles delivered via our iPods... neat idea! The historical tour is one of many available from Downtown LA Walks, a website that promotes on-foot tourism in and around LA. It was so much fun! The podcast format allowed us to go at our own pace, take breaks, and explore nearby sites not on the tour as well. Stops included Union Station, the Hall of Records, City Hall, the LA Times building, the Cathedral of St. Vibiana, Grand Central Market, the Million Dollar Theater, the Bradbury Building, the Broadway Historical Theater district, the Biltmore Hotel, and the City Library. At each stop I learned a bunch of new things about these locations, all of which I had walked or drove by before, but never knew the depth of what was inside or took place in history. Highly recommended! We may try one of the other tours on one of these weekends soon.

We had a great (and cheap!) lunch at Grand Central Market. After the tour, there were refreshing drinks and air conditioning at a small cafe, and then we explored the Museum of Contemporary Art (at 60% off, thanks to my KCRW card). We killed the last hour before our train back to the AV in the historic founding Spanish mission neighborhood of Los Angeles, sipping margaritas and munching on appetizers at El Paseo, on Olvera St. What a day!

cheers

I'll post some photos once I get the film developed.

Last edited by QuantumCowboy on Mon May 19, 2008 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:54 am

Very Happy

A truly delightful day! I would recommend the podcast tours to anyone...make sure you have comfy shoes though Wink

I'm glad we were on foot....I worked off all the delicious food!
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:14 pm

QuantumCowboy wrote:
Keltron and I had a great day down in LA this past weekend.

We had a great (and cheap!) lunch at Grand Central Market. After the tour, there were refreshing drinks and air conditioning at a small cafe, and then we explored the Museum of Contemporary Art (at 60% off, thanks to my KCRW card). What a day!

cheers

I got the lowdown on this fun, inventive...(dare I say romantic?) afternoon from keltron today. With the economy in full downswing, what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon in one of the most expensive cities in the world?

And who says cheap guys aren't sexy?? Wink

I'm asking my husband to take a hint from you, 'cowboy.
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Kara wrote:

And who says cheap guys aren't sexy?? Wink

Gosh, thanks Kara... Rolling Eyes

I have no problem spending money to have a good time, but if it's possible to do so while spending less, why not? Very Happy I've been meaning to use my KCRW card more, I get discounts all over the LA area at all sorts of restaurants and cultural venues... this was a great opportunity to take advantage of it.

Actually, now that I have this card, I'm going to more cultural venues and new unique restaurants than I ever would have otherwise, so I suppose one could make the argument that I'm really spending more money than I would normally....

In either case, you and your husband are welcome to come along next time we go on an LA adventure!
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Wow QC...go ahead and invite everyone to our next date...lol

Kara, really though, this would be such a fun double date! you two are totally in next time!
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Woo-hoo! Maybe we could start a new fad: see who can devise the best dates /double dates/group dates on the least amount of money (but since you guys don't have kids, maybe we can get a credit for the babysitter?) and post it. FUN!!

Eat my shorts, recession!

tongue
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:58 am

I've got a inexpensive thing you can do on a date or with your family. Click HERE.

Then click HERE

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:50 am

Oh my gosh!!!! Jay! This is so rad!

I'm going to make sure we get this included in our activities.

I can't believe I've never heard of it.

How did you find out about it?
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:23 pm

From a magiazine called Family Fun.

We have planted two boxes of our own, one at Apollo Park, and another at the entrance to the Exotic Feline Breeding Compound.

There are several in Tehachapi, Red Rock Canyon, Kernville, and other places all over California that we haven't got to, but plan to this summer.

It's a lot like treasure hunting and is a international hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downtown LA Walks podcast tours   Downtown LA Walks podcast tours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Downtown LA Walks podcast tours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antelope Valley Thespians :: Social :: Social Lounge-
Jump to: