Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Empty
PostSubject: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Ok, cast, I thin kwe've really got this and it's going to be really really funny, but we just need a few hours of straight up running it through to get it down... so anytime that any of us can meet up, regardless of who can't make it, is going to be useful.

Tomorrow, the theater is open from 7:30pm onwards... hopefully they can open a classroom or something for us. Whoever can meet up, please do so. This weekend I am in Sacramento, but go ahead and meet anyway. Keep posting here to get something set up for Monday/Tuesday evenings (yes, right before tech rehearsal works too).

GO TEAM!
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:11 am

Yeah QC. We can do it! I think it'd be a good idea per suggestion last night to have a music stand with our scripts back behind the screen as a precaution. Just in case. That way we can if we need to, glance at the next scene to get our bearings. Although, I think we can nail it, nay, I know we can nail it! And it'll be hilarious! But yeah, tonight my dad and I can be around at around 7:30 for sure. Whether it be at the playhouse classroom or wherever. Can't come up yet with another location if needed, but if I do, I'll post again. May the Neener be with us!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 9:38 am

Open house ends at 7:30, so I might be able to make it for a while. I really think this is gonna be great, mostly due to the intense pressure we're feeling, as to driving us to do a great job.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is either going to make the audience stand up and cheer, or they're gonna say, what the heck was THAT?

Both are fine with me..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:07 am

Sounds like 7:30 is the plan....

Should we try and find a corner in the theatre, or we could use my garage...I don't think my roommate would mind parking outside for a good cause...I live on 30th west and Rancho Vista....what's closer to ya'll?
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:14 am

I vote we meet at the theater first, and if they don't have room for us maybe then we can move.

I will try and get the music assembled tonight before rehearsal. Anyone know of a program I can use to crop mp3 files? I guess I can burn them to CD and tell the sound booth the start and stop times for each track....
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah, to whatever that kid o'mine said, I say ditto. Smile
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:50 pm

I'd rather not drive all the way to the theatre if they won't have a place for us....did you call and ask QC?
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:38 pm

I just called Cathy, the lobby and dressing room are both available. Theater at 1930 it is then?
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:53 pm

I'll be there between 7:45 & 8

Go ahead and start without me!
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 9:45 am

Are we able to meet tonight? I can be back in Palmdale by 6 ish. Let me know if there is enough interest, so I can call the theater and arrange it. Also, can we meet tomorrow before the tech?
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:55 am

Tonight is no good for me, but I can probably be there a bit early tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
keltroncybo
keltroncybo

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:06 pm

tonight is a no-go for me of course...but tomorrow I'm down! let me know QC
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Yo. Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it tonight either. Sorry guys. Tomorrow may be the same. Can't get off work early enough to be there before tech starts. Will be a little late getting to that anyway. Maybe around 6:20 ish. If you want though, we can run through it after tech lets out or if you want to do Wednesday night since there's no players or even an Thursday, seeing as how the Frogs show will be in tech that night. We won't be able to get on stage, but we may be able to utilize another spot.
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok, sounds like that will have to be it. We'll do our best at tech, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread   How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How I Saved the World emergency rehearsal thread
Page 1 of 1