Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PCP Spotlight Theater

Go down 
+2
Tamitha
James Jay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PCP Spotlight Theater Empty
PostSubject: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 4:16 pm

With the upcoming tribute to Who's on First, I offer this clip as one I REALLY wish I could've found a script for in time. This is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaGHVWKrcpQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 am

Jay

I've seen this before and it's wonderfull. I had totally forgotten about it. Perhaps another day, another time. Let's not lose it for sure.

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I don't think there are too many tickets sold for the shows... I just got tickets for some friends of mine and was able to get second row, center. Let all your friends know, and let's see if we can get some of the PCP youth to show up too! For how funny this show is going to be, it would be a shame not to have a decent crowd.

And speaking of who's on first, Jay, I think I've got it down, can we run through it over the phone or over Skype or something?
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:27 am

Okay, you all have got to come see this show! I know Oliver! is playing at LPAC, and The Man with the Plastic Sandwich is also happening, but if you want to laugh, and laugh HARD, you have to come see the Palmdale City Players Spotlight. The Who's on First tributes are hilarious, and Dog Food Commercial rocks: grown men and women being dogs and cats....priceless!

All of the skits are amazing, and to my four partners in crime, (you know who you are) two words: jockstrap and red-rimmed glasses (okay that's four words).

As always, I was hesitant about this production, but I should know better by now. The players are an amazing group of individuals, and I am proud to call them my friends.

Also, go check out the Youth Players presentation of Frogs. It looks to be dynamite as well!

Last edited by James Jay on Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:48 am

I too was pretty iffy on this, but last night was some of the most fun I've ever had at a rehearsal. Way to go team, with the high energy on How I Saved the World, I was in tears backstage from laughing so hard!

You know I just realized that the title is completely irrelevant now... in some of the initial drafts the double-oxo-trisqueezium in the Damitol ended up being the key ingredient need to save the world from an energy crisis. That sort of disappeared in later drafts and we never updated the title!
Back to top Go down
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:56 am

Whatever the name....that's pretty dang funny stuff. Good work guys. lol!

tam
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:08 am

It's gonna be wild & crazy. I find it simply amazing how some folks can roll their tongues to do all those Scottish rrrrrrrrrrrrr's. All I do is spit. Kudos to the Scottish tongue rollers, and their haggiss's (sp?) too. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian
Kara

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:43 am

James Jay wrote:
Okay, you all have got to come see this show!
Do you guys (and girls) think one night will be more interesting/better than the other? I'm coming, I just haven't decided on Friday or Saturday...what do you all recommend??
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Kara,

You'd better come to both. They might be two completely different shows, if you know what I mean.
Oh. they'll both be good and funny with some similarities, but different.

Joe
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:51 pm

ragman5 wrote:
Kara,

You'd better come to both. They might be two completely different shows, if you know what I mean.
Oh. they'll both be good and funny with some similarities, but different.

Joe

Haha, yeah we've rehearsed it what, three, four run throughs? It's a new show every time!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:13 pm

I just have a feeling that the Saturday night show will be different, but something tells me that everyone is gonna give everything that little extra something.

That doesn't mean don't come to the Friday show.......Cause we're gonna go all out then also....

I'm just sayin......... cheers sunny cherry jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
ragman5
Neophyte
Neophyte
ragman5

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:22 pm

QC, that's what makes it fresh & new & fun. I agree with Jay, there'll be alot of energy and silliness at both shows. It's actually quite refreshing. The sonnets were fine, but sometimes it's nice to be able to bust loose a little, so long as we stay somewhat close to the parameters of the script. geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
mathew.jediknight
Initiate
Initiate
mathew.jediknight

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:52 pm

I agree. This show is just so ridiculous that your're never going to know what'll happen next. This is going to be nuts! I agree with Jay's statement that we'll either get roaring laughter or confused "what the heck" looks, or both! (probably both!) We have our basic script to go by, but the energy and chemistry with us is so in sync that we could bounce off each other and just go with it. That goes for all the sketches, not just "How I Saved the World". Spotlight will be fun, regardless of how it goes. Let's just roll with it, hop on for the ride, enjoy ourselves, and finish the season off with a bang! We can do it!! lol!
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:37 am

Okay, show number one is down and in the bag. I had a blast, even if I nearly lost my kid to a tragic table malfunction. Thanks to Keltron and Erika for quick reactions and helping to add a bit of drama to the effect.

Night number two: ALL ENERGY TONIGHT! w00t w00t!
Back to top Go down
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:31 am

Should be a lot more people tonight. I've got at least 10 coming just myself, and I assume everyone's got at least a couple to a few.

Great show everyone! I had soooo much fun. And the audience loved it! I was so afraid that with How I Saved the World we'd just get blank stares. But they ate it up!

Jay, did you get that table fixed up for tonight?
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 3:39 pm

QuantumCowboy wrote:

Jay, did you get that table fixed up for tonight?

It will be all fixed up and rar-rar- rarin to go!

Nothin stops the magic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCP Spotlight Theater   PCP Spotlight Theater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PCP Spotlight Theater
Page 1 of 1