Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Actor's Inequity Association

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Actor's Inequity Association Empty
PostSubject: Actor's Inequity Association   Actor's Inequity Association Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 am

While I was reading the Wikipedia article on the Actor's Equity Association, I came across a blurb about this org called Actors Inequity...

From the article:

Quote :

In 2008 Actors' Inequity, a spoof of the Actors' Equity website, was launched. The site offers an "Inequity Card" for performers to carry. In addition, Actors' Inequity offers free resources to non-union and non-paid actors - and to non-equity theaters. Actors' Inequity was originally criticized for supporting "unpaid actors" until it defined them (in its "About Inequity" section) as developing actors and community players (those who volunteer their time to community theaters). Realizing that all actors must start somewhere, the theatre community has now embraced the organization. In February, 2008, they touted more than 200 members.

There's no real benefit for actually joining, but the site does have a lot of neat links and resources, and of course, it's kind of funny. I might just pay $5 to put "Member, Actor's Inequity" on my resume and see what people say at auditions. Very Happy

www.actorsinequity.org
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com

Actor's Inequity Association
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Antelope Valley Thespians :: Theater :: Theater Chat-
Jump to: