Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hairspray tribute auditions this month

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Hairspray tribute auditions this month   Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 pm

In case you haven't heard, auditions for "You Can't Stop the Beat: A Tribute to Hairspray" will be later on this month, put on by the Performing Arts Academy run by Palmdale Parks and Rec. Check out the pdf flyer linked from the city's webpage.

Does anyone know what it entails? "Tribute" to me says that it isn't the full musical... I would bet it's just the songs and dances excerpted from the show.

Too bad we have to wait until July to see the PCP 14th Season lineup so we can see what the Halloween production is... if there is one? Oh well.

"You must unlearn what you have learned." --Yoda, Jedi Master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Kara
Amateur Thespian
Amateur Thespian

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hairspray tribute auditions this month   Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 am

I had the unique opportunity of meeting two ladies involved with this production and here's what I know that may be helpful:

It is a "tribute", so you're right--it's not the full show. They'll be doing selections from the show "Hairspray" and condensing it into just over an hour, with no intermission.

I also happen to know that there's nothing slated for the PPH during the tech or performance for "You Can't Stop The Beat". That doesn't mean that there may not be rehearsal conflicts, only that there aren't any scheduled performance conflicts (as of yet!).

PS. And if the makeup and hair/wig design is as fabulous as I hear it might be, it will be worth seeing/doing for that reason alone! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hairspray tribute auditions this month
Page 1 of 1