Antelope Valley Thespians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antelope Valley Thespians

Independant discussion board for the actors, staff, crew, and fans of theater and the arts in the greater Antelope Valley, California.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncool-the Play

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:58 pm

If you are interested, my offspring, Erika, is starring in her school play, Uncool, about fitting in at high school, tomorrow night 2/6 at Park View Middle School. Tix are $3 at the door. You can come then go to your random village drama group that meets at a general gathering place. (I won't be there cause we're doing a cast party) You're all invited. It should be good. cheers

UPDATE: THE SHOW STARTS AT 6PM AND IS ABOUT HALF-HOUR TO 45 MINUTES.....

Last edited by on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 pm

Uhhhh..... what time?
Question Rolling Eyes confused
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:04 am

Jay

Please tell Erica to break a leg. Wish we could all come to see. Have a gooooooooooooood shooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Smile

Tamitha
Back to top Go down
James Jay
James Jay

Number of posts : 137

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:09 pm

She did have a good show. It was great. I was at the rehearsals a week ago, thinking, Dear Lord, please let this work. Kids were dropping lines left and right, missing cues, but last night, it all came together. Funny how theater is like that.......

They're putting it on again tonight, but Erika has a small role, since the director decided to do two casts......Instead of one of the main characters/narrator, she is the lunch lady. Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_magic_of_james_jay
QuantumCowboy
Admin
Admin
QuantumCowboy

Number of posts : 211

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:43 pm

James Jay wrote:
I was at the rehearsals a week ago, thinking, Dear Lord, please let this work. Kids were dropping lines left and right, missing cues, but last night, it all came together. Funny how theater is like that.......

That sounds soooo familiar... almost as if... as if I had experienced that in the last two productions I was in.... weird huh? Rolling Eyes

Glad to hear it went well. Please congratulate her for me!
Back to top Go down
http://qcowboyphoto.blogspot.com
Tamitha
Neophyte
Neophyte

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Nothing like the pressure of an audience to get the heart pounding. Suddenly, it becomes real and the show does go on. No more time for goofing off, gotta play that part now. It's not how we would all like for it to be; but, we're always so glad things do work out in the end. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uncool-the Play Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncool-the Play   Uncool-the Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncool-the Play
Page 1 of 1